CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where were you?

20 years ago...
I was seven and playing with my best bud Logan/Boogie. Most likely barefoot and dirty. We loved to play in the leaves, like most kids. One night we made "presents" for everyone on our street which consisted of weeds, manure, and rocks, all stuffed nicely in their mailboxes. It sounds bad but the manure was dry... I doubt that made anyone feel better :) Silly kids.

10 years ago...
In High School and being a silly girl. Loving my good friends and trying hard not to be fickle with boys. Headed to Homecoming with Trevor, a date to be remembered. Getting ready for one of the greatest holidays, Halloween! Missy and I wanted to start our own decorating business and go in to peoples homes and decorate for them, we had all the plans started!

5 years ago...
I had been married for coming on two years and was living in a basement apartment in Huntsville, yeah for Marilyn Froerer. I was working hard in my new found love nutrition and exercise. I was losing all those unwanted married pounds that I had put on and was feeling great. Working hard as a PT aid, go Dad!

3 years ago...
I now have my sweet daughter Samantha and man is she a gem! She was a duck for her first Halloween and was all smiles and the most lovable thing ever :) Greg and I were still hard at school, and living in my parents basement. Those are times that I will never forget, we have come pretty far in just a few years.

1 year ago...
I now have two sweet curly headed girls, both gorgeous and full of energy. Sam was a beautiful Cinderella and Sydney was the duck now! Greg is working as an engineer and I graduated!! We are home owners a family of four and of course, broke! Aren't we all?

Yesterday...
I dressed up my family in the cutest outfits and we went to get our family pictures taken by a good friend. We went to a gorgeous park in MI (where we are living for approximately 22 more days) We had the best time and I have seen some of them already and they are adorable, thanks Kelli!

Today...
Watched GC on the computer and went to Home Depot with my family, we have missed having reasons to go to Home Depot! With no house and no yard there are few reasons to visit, but with home in sight we are all fired up to make some changes to our house, fun fun fun. We have loved being in Michigan and are going to miss it. There is a beauty here that is unlike anything in UT and friends that we cherish.

Tomorrow....
Watching more church on the computer, eating lots of good food and having our awesome neighbors over for dinner. A resolve to do better, and break out of my comfort zone more often. I have learned that being too comfortable is really a disservice to you and those around you. So I am going to play more and love life!

Next year....
Hopefully we will have our house decorated and finished the way we want it, another baby on the way and have taken a killer trip to Mexico! Ok so I was tagged and now I tag, Nancy, Kirstin and Melissa :)

8 comments:

Karen said...

What a fun post! I loved reading this one. I'm happy to say I too can remember most of those times...so glad to have met the Bell Family :)

Andrea said...

Oh yeah!!!
It was funny to read and remember... ah life!! Well darling you two would have been fabulous decorators I don't see why you didn't pursue that. Who cares about college right? Oh well.

Kirstin and Brett's Family said...

20 years ago...wishing there was a Wal-Mart in Ogden: 10 years ago...Celebrating the arrival of your new second home...Wal-Mart: 5 years ago...discovering more places to hide inside your local Wal-Mart: Yesterday...Making another excuse to go to Wal-Mart (how many prescriptions do you have?): Today...Sad you did not make it to WM and planning your next days' adventure: Tomrrow...8AM arrive at the big store..say hi to your favorite greeter and give him a hug, ask again about his aunt in Alabama with the adopted kid. Off to the grocery isle to get breakfast of strawberry milk and hostess donuts: Future...becoming a happy faced greeter, your life long dream!

Stephanie said...

just so all of you know this is my crazy brother and he is punk!

Kirstin and Brett's Family said...

Steph..."and the TRUTH shall set you FREE!" Just accept it...

Stephanie said...

Takes one to know one!

Casper said...

Wow. This just reminded me that it was nearly 10 years ago I met a mildly-freakish frito named Elder Bell. Good times then and now. Glad to see that your family is doing well!

Greg Bell said...

Casper calling me a frito? Isn't that unique? I remember having to calm you down because your comp didn't know where to put the toilet paper after it was done being used. That was not a christlike tone. Que Pecador Elder!